Made after 17th cent pictures, this tent is the 17th/18th cent soldier one.It is based on iconography and original tent from Graz.
It is 180cm high and 3m long. Pole are not included because of complicated transport. It comes with 10 side wooden pegs and 4 long pegs for the main rop, the ropes, and a transportation sack.
Made of 300g/m2 cotton fabric, to be treated against moisture and water if you need it.
Our tents have been created for those who want an historical looking tent, but who do not want to spend too much money on a 100% accurate one.
Poles are made of iron, unless said otherwise. The possible waterproofing treatment is to be renewed every two years, or after heavy rains.You can prolong the life of your tent and enjoy its use for a further long time by observing the following precautions:
- Do not overstretch the ropes, for natural materials such as wood or cotton alter under the influence of air humidity and need space to contract and expand.
- You may thus avoid e.g. that the roof holes for the poles get distended and ultimately facilitate water ingress.
- We recommend slightly slackening the ropes in the evening, for air humidity considerably rises at night and may increase the risk of excessive stress exerted on your tent. The ropes should also be somewhat slackened in rain or high atmospheric humidity.
- If the tent has been exposed to humidity, we strongly advise you to dry it after use, as it is otherwise likely to mould.
- Do not, on any account, use detergents or any other cleaning products to clean your tent. The best way to remove dried out dirt is to use a brush.
- As for the storage of your tent over an extended period of time, please separate all accessories (pegs, ropes, etc.) from the tent itself and preferably pack everything separately. Make sure that all items are dry and stored in a dry place.